Rise of AI Global Mod v3.12

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Jorgito78
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Rise of AI Global Mod v3.12

Post by Jorgito78 »

I am not a modder nor a programmer but I managed to make some modifications to the Rise of The AI mod, mainly small experiments some time ago with the help of ChatGPT, if someone wants to try it. What I did was pass ALL of the mod code to ChatGPT and some key FOG2 concepts. Then, I proceeded to ask for instructions on how to change some of the code.
SuitedQueens
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by SuitedQueens »

Jorgito78 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:24 pm I am not a modder nor a programmer but I managed to make some modifications to the Rise of The AI mod, mainly small experiments some time ago with the help of ChatGPT, if someone wants to try it. What I did was pass ALL of the mod code to ChatGPT and some key FOG2 concepts. Then, I proceeded to ask for instructions on how to change some of the code.
Can you post a DL here? The proper way to use this mod AI or vanilla AI in general is to setup realistic scenarios where infantry separated by 6 squares or cavalry by 10 squares if we are talking cavalry heavy setups. Similar to chess engines you cant really teach AI to see the big picture without Neural N support, but they are adept at understanding ZoCs, flanking importance, PoAs.

One of the big reasons is that half of gameplay is non-existent for AI i.e. falling back, regrouping and retreating. Another is their crude deploying schemes performed with underlying assumption that opponent gonna tank forward and line say medium foot against rough terrain patch every time.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Jorgito78 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:24 pm I am not a modder nor a programmer but I managed to make some modifications to the Rise of The AI mod, mainly small experiments some time ago with the help of ChatGPT, if someone wants to try it. What I did was pass ALL of the mod code to ChatGPT and some key FOG2 concepts. Then, I proceeded to ask for instructions on how to change some of the code.
Is it possible to “ask” ChatGPT to adapt it to Medieval? Stupid questions maybe, but I just have to ask. 8)
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

SuitedQueens wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:12 am
Can you post a DL here? The proper way to use this mod AI or vanilla AI in general is to setup realistic scenarios where infantry separated by 6 squares or cavalry by 10 squares if we are talking cavalry heavy setups. Similar to chess engines you cant really teach AI to see the big picture without Neural N support, but they are adept at understanding ZoCs, flanking importance, PoAs.

One of the big reasons is that half of gameplay is non-existent for AI i.e. falling back, regrouping and retreating. Another is their crude deploying schemes performed with underlying assumption that opponent gonna tank forward and line say medium foot against rough terrain patch every time.
Are you adept at programming? Maybe you could then adapt it to Medieval, in addition to making it better in general.

MarkShot
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by MarkShot »

Here it comes, the next headline:

"10,000 Modders out of Work Due to AI"

It's not good enough that AI will replace humans in the work force, but now it is muscling in on our hobbies. Wait to WIN12 and Microsoft Copilot will do it for you. Copilot is going to be like having spiders in your closet.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Would be good to have the option at least. 8)

Jorgito78

Post by Jorgito78 »

SuitedQueens wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:12 am

This is one of the "conversations" I had with ChatGPT : https://chatgpt.com/share/ce19cdc8-f2d8 ... bad78ea3d8

And another lenghty "conversation": https://chatgpt.com/share/9d3ec10a-1a2b ... 50b4520f72

And yet another one where I provided Rise of the AI code: https://chatgpt.com/share/72657857-1b06 ... ce81996a82

Ignore the fact that I communicate with chatGPT like if he was a real person (you never know the future, if machines come and take over the world, perhaps they will spare me for being nice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Seriously, so many ChatGPT prompts in the past made me have some conversations with real people as if they where an AI so I decided to speak with chatGPT as if it was a person.

Hope this helps. :wink:
Jorgito78

Post by Jorgito78 »

kronenblatt wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:24 am
Is it possible to “ask” ChatGPT to adapt it to Medieval? Stupid questions maybe, but I just have to ask. 8)
I think that if you provided the THREE codes; FOG2, FOG2 Medieval and Rise of the AI code, it would be possible...but providing the code is the difficult part
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Actually, due to the fact I have a 4090 and play games at 1080p. I am looking at setting up open source LLM RAG solution to provide assistance with complex games via ingesting manuals, useful forum posts turned into PDF, and WiKis turned into PDF. I figure I have 10Gb VRAM to spare while I play which would leave enough for a 7b LLM RAG (or maybe even Microsoft's latest PHI 3B).

* This would help me to switch between games especially as age related cognitive loss sets in.

The only game that really eats VRAM on my PC is City Skylines I. I have seen it got up to 16Gb; most stay between 6-8Gb.

What language is that? LUA? I was playing around with dolphin-2.5-mixtral-8x7b.Q3_K_M.gguf which is supposed to be extremely good at coding.

Return to “Field of Glory II”