Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2477
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:41 pm

GrizzlyKt wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:16 pm
Erik your a star thank you for all you great work as i said in another post its people like yourself and others that keep these games going for us to enjoy so thank you
+1

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6616
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

1v1 Market Garden

Post by Erik2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 am

The old 2v2 Market-Garden have been replaced by a completly reworked 1v1 version.

Link in first post.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15639
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by zakblood » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am

would love to see this one as a single player one against the AI :wink:

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm

zakblood wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am
would love to see this one as a single player one against the AI :wink:
Oh come on man, that's just asking for easy mode :P

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Scandinavia (1940 3v1) v2.0

I think this is as intended but I'm reporting just in case. During my deployment phase (I'm playing Swedish) I have 3 polish destroyers left in my reserve that I don't have command points for. Debriefing says about polish and canadian (land) units that will be available later on so I guess that goes for additional naval CP too?

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15639
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by zakblood » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Edgewalker wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm
zakblood wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am
would love to see this one as a single player one against the AI :wink:
Oh come on man, that's just asking for easy mode :P
no, i don't do online or multiplayer games, so it's not asking for an easy mode either, it's asking for a chance to play a great battle on my own, that's all, nothing else.

i'm only an average player, so i enjoy my games at my level, and not ashamed to say it, or ask for anything else either, in some games i cheat, my games, my rules, my choice :wink:

GrizzlyKt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by GrizzlyKt » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 pm

hi im the same Zak single player for me everytime

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 am

zakblood wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:11 pm
Edgewalker wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm
zakblood wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am
would love to see this one as a single player one against the AI :wink:
Oh come on man, that's just asking for easy mode :P
no, i don't do online or multiplayer games, so it's not asking for an easy mode either, it's asking for a chance to play a great battle on my own, that's all, nothing else.

i'm only an average player, so i enjoy my games at my level, and not ashamed to say it, or ask for anything else either, in some games i cheat, my games, my rules, my choice :wink:
That's cool, I was just kiddin.
Cheers bud.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15639
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by zakblood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:34 am

no worries and happy gaming :wink:

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6616
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Erik2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:21 am

I might do a Market-Garden singleplayer. Zak has been bugging me about this since we were part of the original beta team :D

We'll see after Edgewalker & yours truly have finished our M-G 1v1-test.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6616
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Erik2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:30 am

Edgewalker wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 pm
Scandinavia (1940 3v1) v2.0

I think this is as intended but I'm reporting just in case. During my deployment phase (I'm playing Swedish) I have 3 polish destroyers left in my reserve that I don't have command points for. Debriefing says about polish and canadian (land) units that will be available later on so I guess that goes for additional naval CP too?
Correct. I should have spawned the Polish DDs later...

Anyway, this scenario has some strange issue where Danish units will (sometimes?) spawn in Germany.
I haven't found any faults with the triggers/events.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15639
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by zakblood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 am

Erik2 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:21 am
I might do a Market-Garden singleplayer. Zak has been bugging me about this since we were part of the original beta team :D

We'll see after Edgewalker & yours truly have finished our M-G 1v1-test.
if you do, thanks, if not thanks for everything else you do all the same m8

cincin
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by cincin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:53 am

Erik,

The link to the Okinawa scenario does not work. I assume this slipped through the cracks since it's being reworked.

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:45 am

Scandinavia (1940 3v1) v2.0

- There are some odd hexes with roads and bridges along the river instead across the river. I found them in proximity of Voxna and Orebro.
- 3 Scandinavian factions can attack one another. I understand this is by design as they were not "allies" in 1940

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6616
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Erik2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:48 am

cincin wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:53 am
Erik,

The link to the Okinawa scenario does not work. I assume this slipped through the cracks since it's being reworked.
There was an error in the link. Should work now.

Fabio3110
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Fabio3110 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

Edgewalker wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:45 am
- 3 Scandinavian factions can attack one another. I understand this is by design as they were not "allies" in 1940
Just to add to this, this feature isnt that bad at all.
Until however you have to land UK units (team denmark) inside norway and you can't peacefully move through.
Not only are you unable to get supply from them you also take away their cities by moving to help them.
And realistically at this point the nations would atleast help eachother in some way allowing open borders.
So this feature seems good but is a big problem once you have to land French, UK, Polish and Canadian units on the mainland into a different teams cities.

This was just my experience with the scenario after a few plays that ended at turn 7 or so.
I hope this can be fixed as the scenario has good potential to be a great mp map.

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:51 am

Yes, I also love the idea but as you said it's very problematic at the same time. First thing I noticed is that our ships block one another in straits. If I deployed my destroyers with a sole purpose to protect Danish Battleships, realistically they should be able to let them move freely without "locking down". Sea combat is problematic.
I didn't even think about other nations deploying inland, but, ouch, UK claiming Norwegian cities or Polish capturing Swedish cities seems like a dealbreaker.
I agree that potential here is tremendous. If I can help in any way lemme know :-)

Edited. My mistake, Polish couldn't claim Swedish cities as they are "team sweden" but I understand the point

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:41 pm

BALANCE FEEDBACK:

Forgotten Armies (2.1)

This long scenario outcome is decided in the initial rush. If the Japanese side can capture Rangoon (and there is pretty good chance for that) then they can stall overpowering counterattack long enough to hold Bangkok at the end of the game therefore getting a draw. I dare to say that draw is actually a Japanese victory here since I don't see how it is humanly possible to capture Calcutta with the amount of reinforcements that British recieve :-)

British victory 60% / Draw 40% / Japanese victory 0%


Wake Island (free deploy)

Judging only on island defence factor I feel that this one is pretty well balanced, with a slight edge going to US side. Still, very short turn limit coupled with token air forces makes it almost impossible to sink enemy carrier if he does not expose it badly (at that goes both sides).

US victory 11% / Draw 80% / Japanese victory 9%


Santa Cruz (free deploy)

Oh boy, this one is huge epic battle and really tough for the US side. Since there is only one primary objective (Defend Henderson's Field) it is impossible to obtain a draw. Straight-out slugfest with one side stronger. It is partially balanced by the fact that Japanese side is divided in the initial deployment, and US have got strong strategic bomber fleet.

US victory 25% / Draw 0% / Japanese victory 75%


Merril's Marauders (9.0)

I love this scenario, it's very special and interesting but its unique design makes it impossible for me to evaluate percents. I think both sides have a decent fighting chance. It is possible to destroy even much stronger enemy force via outflanking and cutting off supply. It's also a perfect ambush country. Truth be told I don't see a draw as a possible outcome, one force is almost bound to destroy the other within this generous turn limit.

US victory ? / Draw: minimal chance /Japanese victory: ?
Last edited by Edgewalker on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:55 pm

BALANCE FEEDBACK part 2:

Papua - New Guinea (8.0)

It's a flagship of good balance and an amazing scenario overall. There is no snowball effect so if both sides play right balance is swinging wildly from "I've got this" to "I'm screwed" and back to "I've got this" in a manner of turns.
Also it is one of the few scenarios where you can appreciate how amazingly useful commando units can be.

Edited. There is one fatal flow however - after Japanese fleet makes it all the way around the peninsula it's suddenly game over for the US. Maybe it would be good to add some naval reinforcements for US around turn 40-45?


Watchtower (10.2)

That's another one with pretty good balance. US have ground combat advantage, Japan have air superiority advantage and fleets are pretty evenly balanced. Winner of the naval combat takes all hovewer and ground troops can't support fleet but airplanes can. That's why I think Japanese holds a stronger position here.

US victory 35% / Draw 10% / Japanese victory 55%
Last edited by Edgewalker on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fabio3110
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Fabio3110 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:57 am

Edgewalker wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:51 am
Yes, I also love the idea but as you said it's very problematic at the same time. First thing I noticed is that our ships block one another in straits. If I deployed my destroyers with a sole purpose to protect Danish Battleships, realistically they should be able to let them move freely without "locking down". Sea combat is problematic.
I didn't even think about other nations deploying inland, but, ouch, UK claiming Norwegian cities or Polish capturing Swedish cities seems like a dealbreaker.
I agree that potential here is tremendous. If I can help in any way lemme know :-)

Edited. My mistake, Polish couldn't claim Swedish cities as they are "team sweden" but I understand the point
Just adding one more thing, the entire scenario without all our other points is broken simply due to the sharing of flags.
UK can deploy in denmark cities, as can france in norway, poland/canada in sweden.
So together with the other problems a simple tick on the share flags button would already solve a big problem.
Once again, I am hoping this scenario to become a great one. :)

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”