New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v2.90

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v1.60

Post by doktorbole »

Hello to everyone,

Could someone be so kind to post step by step instructions for installing this mod? I'm not a rookie, I have installed and played many different mods for a decade, know how to use GME. Just couldn't find any such instructions and this topic is huge, has many pages. Sorry, but I don't think instructions on the first page are clear enough. Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you!
TonyAfan
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi BJB

Sorry it looks like I didn't give them a landing craft, I'll fix before next update. I have been having problems with the Tunisian bridgehead scenario couldn't land the Gigants. I'll have to try another playthrough.

Tony
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi

No problem landing the Gigants after all forgot I had to double click on them once they got to the landing site, dohh!

Tony
AKRebel
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by AKRebel »

doktorbole wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:24 pm Hello to everyone,

Could someone be so kind to post step by step instructions for installing this mod? I'm not a rookie, I have installed and played many different mods for a decade, know how to use GME. Just couldn't find any such instructions and this topic is huge, has many pages. Sorry, but I don't think instructions on the first page are clear enough. Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you!
Hi, Look here... https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27158

and this is how it should look like in the end
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bondjamesbond »

AKRebel wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:09 am
doktorbole wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:24 pm Hello to everyone,

Thank you!
Hi, Look here... https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27158

and this is how it should look like in the end
It is necessary to write instructions already in the README. in all languages that your great mod supports ! Very often people have problems with the installation of your wonderful mod everything else is treated with patches
https://mynickname.com/id73473
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

@AKRebel

Thank you, I know how to install the basic version of the mod using GME, that's not the problem. In this case that would be version 1.0 i guess?
Ok, but then what is the proper way to upgrade from 1.0 to version 1.60? Do I unpack patch 1.60 and then manually copy contents of the each folder to appropriate folder of the same name located in the Panzer Corps/MODS/PAK-MOD? And overwrite all the files when asked to?
For example, unpack archive file containing 1.60 patch, then go to let's say AlliedMenu folder, select all the files inside and copy them to Panzer Corps/MODS/PAK-MOD/AlliedMenu?
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi Doktorbole,

1. You download each file from there:

Full v1.00 (3,23 GB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/3g9szd47 ... l.rar/file

Update v1.10 Update (135,18 MB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/gl5ar182 ... 0.rar/file

Update v1.20 Update (22,84 MB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/3qs87dzf ... 0.rar/file

Update v1.30 Update (40,10 MB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/x99ztvaq ... 0.rar/file

Update v1.40 Update (47,64 MB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/l61p32fi ... 0.rar/file

Update v1.50 Update (46,19 MB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/3357cbth ... 0.rar/file

Update v1.60 Update (17,17 MB) https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbfy8sav ... 0.rar/file

2. You will have a dedicated directory for each Mod (named PAK-MOD) and you keep the correct sequence order (1, 1.10, ..., 1.60).
3. You put each directory (PAK-MOD) under MODS directory for Pz Corps.
4. You install files via GSME in proper sequence order (GSME will ask you if you agree to copy new files over old ones and you always answer yes). Nothing is manual, with GSME everything is automated.
5. You run Pz Corps, you should have the proper screen with version nr 1.60.
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

Thank you kindly Robert, that's the answer I was looking for. Appreciate that you took the time to explain every step.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi Doktorbole,

One important trick to note.

When you download the mod you have the following structure:
Pak-Mod/Pak-Mod/"Optional"
Pak-Mod/Pak-Mod/"Panzer Corps"

In GSME you strictly must have the same structure as the one in the original game (as wrote AKRebel in his chart).
So you rename "Panzer Corps" from the download into "PaK-Mod v 1.0"
You do the same (rename "Panzer Corps") for all other downloads : "PaK-Mod v 1.10" and so on until "Pak-Mod v 1.60".
Then you use GSME. By doing so you have the modded game with big maps.

If you want to use small maps but still modded by the team or if you want to play the DLCs modified by the team, then you put "Optional" directory from the last version (1.60) into GSME.
This will replace big maps by small maps and/or replace original game DLC's by new ones.

It took me some time to understand that the directories in the download were "misleading" in a certain way (even if Panzer Corps name is also clear, it replaces original Panzer Corps)---> you only focus on "Panzer Corps" directory, this is the trick. "Optional" directory comes afterwards and only if you wish.
NEVER use "PAK-Mod" directly from download, the game will not be modified by GSME.
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi

For most of last year I have been working on the small scenarios in Panzer Corps both the single scenarios and the campaign scenarios. All of these scenarios have been converted so they could be played using Pak Mod units. Any units with the replace banner or of an invalid or incorrect type were replaced, sea units were replaced with historically accurate Pak Mod units if possible, maps have been reviewed e.g. missing bridges fixed, no curved roads or railways over rivers etc.
The Allied Corps, Soviet Corps and Afrika Korps were updated a while ago and the updated scenarios were in the Data folder of the Pak-Update v1.0.
Re Afrika Korps, the Pak Mod team is presently creating more units in desert camouflage which are being included in the updates, there are more new desert units coming in Pak-update 1.7.
The Axis DLC campaigns these have been reworked recently so that the Waffen SS nation can be purchased and updated by the Axis player during the campaigns. These files were included in the Optional folder in Pak-update v1.6.
I am constantly rechecking the scenarios and any errors that are found by me or reported in the forum are fixed and will appear in future updates.

Best Wishes

Tony
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi

In the Pak-Update v1.6 there were two folders in the Optional Small scenarios folder of the update.

1.Original small PC scenarios for PAK MOD.
This folder should have included the original small scenario versions of the Pak Mod big scenarios .

2.Small scenarios standard campaign
This folder contained the all the current small scenario versions of the Pak Mod big scenarios some of these scenarios
have been altered by the Pak Mod team and have additional or replaced units.

By mistake the scenarios in the both folders were the same versions.

In the next update there will be again be two folders in the Optional small scenarios folder.
1.Pak Mod Standard Campaign small scenarios altered scenarios
This folder will contain all 26 small scenarios from the Wehrmacht standard campaign including the ones that have been altered by the Pak Mod team. It is all possible to purchase and upgrade Waffen Units in these scenarios.
2.Pak Mod Standard Campaign small scenarios original scenarios
This folder will contain all 26 small scenarios from the Wehrmacht standard campaign but with their original units converted to Pak Mod units. The Waffen SS nation has not been added to these scenarios.

These scenarios will enable you to play the Wehrmacht campaign with the small scenarios either with the original order of battle or the altered order of battle. If installed they will overwrite the Pak Mod Big scenarios in the Wehrmacht campaign.

Regards

Tony
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi

The Data folder also contains scenarios that are not included in any of the campaigns. These are designed for multiplayer play against another human play or as a single scenario play against the AI. I have converted all of these scenarios to Pak Mod and sent them to Phcas. These scenarios may either appear in future in the Data folder or possibly in the optional folder.

If you wish to play multiplayer with Pak Mod scenarios both players must have the same version of Pak Mod. Any missing or different graphics files that is in one of the players install of Pak Mod may cause the game to crash. Also do not attempt to start a unmodded multiplayer game from a Pak Mod install or vice versa this wiil probably result in a corrupted saved game file which you will not be able to open.

Best Wishes

Tony
Fortress Helm unconverted.jpg
Fortress Helm unconverted.jpg (785.74 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Fortress Helm converted.jpg
Fortress Helm converted.jpg (792.98 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

RobertCL wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:24 am Hi Doktorbole,

One important trick to note.

When you download the mod you have the following structure:
Pak-Mod/Pak-Mod/"Optional"
Pak-Mod/Pak-Mod/"Panzer Corps"

In GSME you strictly must have the same structure as the one in the original game (as wrote AKRebel in his chart).
So you rename "Panzer Corps" from the download into "PaK-Mod v 1.0"
You do the same (rename "Panzer Corps") for all other downloads : "PaK-Mod v 1.10" and so on until "Pak-Mod v 1.60".
Then you use GSME. By doing so you have the modded game with big maps.

If you want to use small maps but still modded by the team or if you want to play the DLCs modified by the team, then you put "Optional" directory from the last version (1.60) into GSME.
This will replace big maps by small maps and/or replace original game DLC's by new ones.

It took me some time to understand that the directories in the download were "misleading" in a certain way (even if Panzer Corps name is also clear, it replaces original Panzer Corps)---> you only focus on "Panzer Corps" directory, this is the trick. "Optional" directory comes afterwards and only if you wish.
NEVER use "PAK-Mod" directly from download, the game will not be modified by GSME.
Thank you so much once more Robert, I only wish I saw your post earlier, it would have saved me some time :D I've figured it out with trial and error. Maybe all the clarifications you've made should be included in readme file or installation instruction, that way it would be much easier for future users of this beautiful mod.

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you for the time you've taken to post everything.
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

HI ! How soon will the new version 1.7 with new DLC and units in them appear?

P.s.
Is it possible to implement this in your mod ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag
https://mynickname.com/id73473
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi BJB

There is no release date for 1.7 as yet.

In Pak-update v1.6 there is a Optional/DLC Scenarios/DLC folder if you use these files in this folder to overwrite the Pak Mod DLC files you can play the DLC campaigns with the Waffen SS nation. You can purchase and update Waffen SS units. All the scenarios have been checked for invalid and the replace branded units.
To play the DLC as a campaign you have to be able to access the DLC shortcut.
I know that you personally have had some problems with this.
DLC.jpg
DLC.jpg (414.32 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
In the Optional/small scenarios/Small scenarios standard campaign folder are the Wehrmacht standard campaign scenarios.
These can be used to overwrite the Pak Mod Big scenarios. The Wehrmacht standard campaign can then be played with Pak Mod units plus the Waffen SS nation and the original campaign tree. Some of these scenarios have been altered by the Pak Mod team and have additional or replacement units to the original OOB.
To play the DLC as a campaign you have to be able to access the DLC shortcut.
I know that you have had some problems with this.

Regards

Tony
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

One question regarding the Pacific campaign, from what I can see right now there is only one scenario available and that is Pearl Harbor. I'm assuming Pacific campaign is work in progress and full campaign will be published sometimes in the future?
phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by phcas »

doktorbole wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:50 am One question regarding the Pacific campaign, from what I can see right now there is only one scenario available and that is Pearl Harbor. I'm assuming Pacific campaign is work in progress and full campaign will be published sometimes in the future?
Yes, Pacific Campaign will come in the future. First all units must be finished of the countries we need in the Campaign.

Greetings
phcas

Post by phcas »

1.70.png
1.70.png (375.8 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

phcas wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:42 am1.70.png
Wow! FAI and BA-27M are excellent.
It would be nice to add T-27
I have it, but I want another version)

PS.
What was the use of Lanz Tractors?
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”