Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:03 pm I see that 8/8/23 is the last update in the 1st post. Is that the latest version? thanks.
i tried to update the first post. Should read 13.12.23 now.
If i fued up, here the link again.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b1vhroaz ... 1.zip/file

changelog is here:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 568814869/

sers,
Thomas
88Flak
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by 88Flak »

Cool. Thanks Grondel!
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

What do you mean with Spec op? All your scenarios seem like spec op :P

Currently replaying Rome air defense the 3rd time.

I must admit, it really takes me a while to figure out the twist in each of your scenarios. Like in Rome: it makes no sense at all to shoot down allied units. I tried so hard the first two runs.... and barely made it and arrived prestige-strapped in the next one.

Pretty much by accident I figured out there is no point AT ALL to destroy enemy units in this scenario! They just re-appear full overstrength with 4 stars!

You created an AMAZING camapign. My only (very) mild criticism: I feel it is not possible to pass it without replays. I feel it is not possible to pass without cheating (replays or reloads) to get the twist and realize a path to victory.

To put in perspetive how mild that criticism is: I did not buy AO 46 yet as I prefer playing your campaign over the current AO campaign. By a lot!

Grondel wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:25 am
fmscherer wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:35 pm finally made it through Moscow 43. You really did an awesome job to keep this interesting. Somehow the AI seems ot be much more flexible and aggreissve than in the AO campaigns.

I am still learning to play more defensively over all-out-attack all the time.
how was the special operation? any issues with ammo or fuel?

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

I assume you mean running through the USSR destroying factories on the way to Moscow. That worked out comparably easy once I figured out the twist.

Prestige is really my largest challenge in your campaign!

BtW: I find there should be a bonus to destroy the British aircraft carrier in Rome Air Defense.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:17 am I assume you mean running through the USSR destroying factories on the way to Moscow. That worked out comparably easy once I figured out the twist.
The two scenarios before moscow have limited ammo and fuel. i was very generous with both and wanted to have an estimate of how much u had left after the 2nd mission. Will probs reduce with one of the next updates.

fmscherer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:17 am Prestige is really my largest challenge in your campaign!
Stop buying 5k heroes all the time and ur better of with prestige. :)
fmscherer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:17 am BtW: I find there should be a bonus to destroy the British aircraft carrier in Rome Air Defense.
There is. Crippling the fleet here and in the next scenario will open the road to Sicilia and later enable sea lion 44(which is not completed yet).
I did not single out the carrier, but sinking it will disable the respawn of the carrier planes.

Nice to see ur enjoying urself. :)

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:44 pm You created an AMAZING camapign. My only (very) mild criticism: I feel it is not possible to pass it without replays. I feel it is not possible to pass without cheating (replays or reloads) to get the twist and realize a path to victory.
Thx for the praise.

I try to give all needed information in the briefings. Sadly i noticed that none german military personel has a hard time grasping them. So far I haven´t figured out a way how this could be solved. Maybe it´s the language barrier.
Best example is the Cypress scenario in the AC campaign. If u get the hints, it´s a duck hunt bonus scenario. If not, u pay a heavy price. I don´t feel like changing it, even if some people bang there head at that scenario and don´t succed. Sooner or later they will manage and have a sense of accomplishment that i am completely missing in the AO campaign.
since 41 it feels more like a chore than solving a tactical puzzle.

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

Grondel wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:21 am
The two scenarios before moscow have limited ammo and fuel. i was very generous with both and wanted to have an estimate of how much u had left after the 2nd mission. Will probs reduce with one of the next updates.
I foudn the ammmo plentyful. Iw as a little shocked to realize that it does not get replenished between the 2 scenarios. That prompted my first replay as I generously spent most of the ammo over the first scenario (destroying the aircraft factory).

[/quote]

I did not single out the carrier, but sinking it will disable the respawn of the carrier planes.
[/quote]

Darn! Up to the next (partial) replay...... which ones were the carrier crafts? The Mosquitos and the Spitfires?

As an example: on my first try of Rome air defense I treid to blast away the enemy aircrafts before getting some bombers in and attacking the fleet. This obviously did not work so well..... took me a while to realize that the planes simply respawn and I need to weaken, but not destroy them.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:32 pm Darn! Up to the next (partial) replay...... which ones were the carrier crafts? The Mosquitos and the Spitfires?

As an example: on my first try of Rome air defense I treid to blast away the enemy aircrafts before getting some bombers in and attacking the fleet. This obviously did not work so well..... took me a while to realize that the planes simply respawn and I need to weaken, but not destroy them.
the MK VB spitfire and mosquitos yes.

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

Question: is the "caches and commendation event" list current?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... chtext=pc1

If yes, I will start a pretty early replay as I missed a lot of the commendation heroes... as in like 2/3 which might explain my challenges. Really strange as I am often pushing 20 commendation points around which I never was asked to use.
Last edited by fmscherer on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:53 pm Question: is the "caches and commendation event" list current? If yes, I will start a pretty early replay as I missed a lot of the commendation heroes... as in like 2/3 which might explain my challenges. Really strange as I am often pushing 20 commendation points around which I never was asked to use.
If u want to replay, consider going AC instead of 1941. If u go ahistorical in El Alamein and go to the caucasus in Persia u will end up in 1943NH again.

pretty much accurate atm. i think the 1941 reward for doing norway or finnland is missing in the list.
U get 2 Azuls if u go norway or 2 Grenadiers with heros if u go finnalnd in 1939.
edit:
after a short glance i noticed that the rework of 1939 is not in the guide yet. All other years should be up to date.
seems like i need to upgrade it sooner or later.

When i reach 1941 upgrade there will be a continuation-war path for the people that did the winter-war path in 1939, but i guess this will be end of the year till the mod reaches that stage, if at all.

Heres the easy link, gets a bit hidden away in the steam guides.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... chtext=PC1

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

Campaign: 1943NH
Scenario: Novorossiysk 1
K5 Railgun can be repaired and will recieve an attached engineer.

my K5 did not need repair.... it did not recieve the engineeer! Do I need to make sure it is damaged to repair it to recieve the engineer?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:13 pm Campaign: 1943NH
Scenario: Novorossiysk 1
K5 Railgun can be repaired and will recieve an attached engineer.

my K5 did not need repair.... it did not recieve the engineeer! Do I need to make sure it is damaged to repair it to recieve the engineer?
1. Deploy k5 on the map.
2. Move K5 to repair depot.
3. Wait a turn.
4. enjoy upgraded K5 with engineer.

hope this helps.

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

yes, learned! Those are the little things which you just need to know.....
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:27 pm yes, learned! Those are the little things which you just need to know.....
i thought this was enough to describe it. guess i was wrong. :)

Any of the special infantrie units u can aquire during the mod so far can be upgraded here the same way.

sers,
Thomas
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Oh, I always keep recycling those railway guns, because there are is better stuff you can field for the core slots. But its something different if you also get that hero. Have to keep that in mind for a rerun.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:53 pm If yes, I will start a pretty early replay as I missed a lot of the commendation heroes... as in like 2/3 which might explain my challenges. Really strange as I am often pushing 20 commendation points around which I never was asked to use.
1 thing i learned pretty early when playing PC2, always safe at the end of a scenario, never at the start.
If u get a new hero via com event at the start of the map, restarting the map tends to not fire that com event again for reasons i don´t know. always load the last turn of the scenario before when replöaying a scenario. this might be the cause for ur missing heroes.

From where do u want to restart roughly? i might have a list of questions for u concerning the new units file.

sers,
Thomas
fmscherer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by fmscherer »

well, I always took so much care for my precious railgun, that I did not need reapir. I had it bang shots and gain experience instead of moving it to the depot... now I know a visit to the depot is still worth it!

I am starting over at Tatsinkaya. I must admit I do cheat somewhat as in buying some units in Tatsinkaya and repairing and upgrading ALL my units (Also the ones in reserve, which I normally would not do) as far as possible at the end to carry over some prestige.

In some ways my general strategy was punished by the way you set up the NH 43campaign... I spent great effort in building a LARGE core force with overall good experience. 1940 to 1942 I kept rotating my units so as many as possible have decent experience instead of having just some strong elite units. Also I normally finish my scenarios with pretty worn out units because repair between scenarios is cheaper. I managed to build up over 60,000 prestige at the start of Tatsinkaya. This is blown out of the window with the start of NH43.

I am German, but my stint with the Bundeswehr was short and in the 90s, so I might not get all your twists ;)
Grondel wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:33 pm
fmscherer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:27 pm yes, learned! Those are the little things which you just need to know.....
i thought this was enough to describe it. guess i was wrong. :)

Any of the special infantrie units u can aquire during the mod so far can be upgraded here the same way.

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

fmscherer wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:56 pm I am starting over at Tatsinkaya. I must admit I do cheat somewhat as in buying some units in Tatsinkaya and repairing and upgrading ALL my units (Also the ones in reserve, which I normally would not do) as far as possible at the end to carry over some prestige.
U might notice some new planes. not sure how many are 42 and later, might not be that many. this change was mainly aimed at early war where u have a very long time only bf109E and nothing else than captured.
If u still have some, how was there impact on the game? did u use them?

Artillerie:
7.5cm now has fast deploy. This will probs enhance usage in the early years, not sure if this impacts late war at all.
towed rocket artillerie has been redone. did u use them now? how was the impact if so.

AT-guns:
tank like at guns have overrun. how was the impact on the game?

thx in advance for ur feedback.

sers,
Thomas

PS: wenn dir deutsch leichter fällt, schick mir einfach ne PM auf deutsch.
88Flak

Post by 88Flak »

Just tried to move from Crete Naval to Minsk. Got the following error.

Invalid Scenario Path '/Game/Campaigns/GC1941/05Minsk41/Minsk41.map'

Weird to have it happen in the middle of a campaign. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

88Flak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:33 pm Just tried to move from Crete Naval to Minsk. Got the following error.

Invalid Scenario Path '/Game/Campaigns/GC1941/05Minsk41/Minsk41.map'

Weird to have it happen in the middle of a campaign. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
only way this could happen is when the mod is turned off or u corrupted the files somehow.

hope it´s this easy and helps.

sers,
Thomas

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”