(mod) Steady, disrupted, fragmented, routed... walls ?

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

(mod) Steady, disrupted, fragmented, routed... walls ?

Post by Athos1660 »

This is a rough idea for a Siege mod/scenario.

The idea would be to create small episodes (a few turns) of bombing a wall of a city/fort to try to break it. The next episode would be the storming.

(This is not realistic/historical as it took hours/days of bombing to break a wall, but if it lasted a long time in game, it would be boring. So it could be seen as a fast-track bombing episode.)

My idea was to make the Wall object a unit that could be « Steady » , « Disrupted », « Fragmented », « Routed » because of artillery, like any other unit.

Each "cohesion state" would correspond to a condition of the bombed wall, from undamaged (Steady) to 100% broken (Routed).

So each « cohesion state » would give a certain pourcentage of Cover (say 75% for a « steady » wall, 50% for disrupted, 25% for fragmented, 0% for routed). and a certain amount of POA bonus in close combat to troops defending them (say 200, 125, 50, 0), and "Steady" and "Disrupted" walls could also count as Difficult Terrain for troops assaulting them across the fortifications.

A +1 modifier on Cohesion Tests could be added to speed up / increase the likelihood of the wall destruction.

I guess it would also require textures (at least to get the yellow D and the red F above the broken wall or whatever letters used for an undamaged/semi-broken/broken wall).

(not to mention the cosmetic aspect of the destructions, ie the animations of wall destruction or at least 4 states of destruction, ie one more 3D model as there are already in game the intact wall and the broken wall)

Is it doable ? I guess the answer is ‘Everything is’. 🙂

But would it be a good idea...
StuccoFresco
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: (mod) Steady, disrupted, fragmented, routed... walls ?

Post by StuccoFresco »

Sounds interesting.

Return to “Modders Corner”