Good old Days

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Good old Days

Post by Acer6920 »

When i was young, wild and free :roll: .
sometimes i listening to this when i replay the pacific theater in OoB: WW2.
https://youtu.be/9R7rULvTZy8?si=Iz4l6z8VHXQFlfTG <-- using youtube embeded not working for me
Screenshot 2024-03-11 120315.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 120315.png (697.1 KiB) Viewed 472 times
And from time to time i miss this overview and space for my carries :lol:
Screenshot 2024-03-11 115024.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 115024.png (120.37 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Wondering how many of you played pacific general in the late 90's :mrgreen: ?

Currently i have 2740 hours of gameplay with OoB WW2 and one reason is the great mods from our mod heroes here :).

Thanks a lot to you guys for the love you spent in the time for your mods!
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Good old Days

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Panzer General, Pacific General, People's General (the last good one in the series I'd say), heck even Space General which is to be avoided at all costs. Good times indeed! I remember playing one version on the Nintendo dual screen, curiously the only time I tried multiplayer. Connectivity was dire but I did manage to beat the number one guy on the leaderboard. After losing about ten times in a row... The annoying thing was that they removed the invasion USA campaign, screw you Nintendo. People's General was ending things in a high note though. They made some very interesting changes to how air power worked, and it was a legitimately prescient premise.

Mind you the General series was pretty savage about forcing you to save scum if you wanted to do things perfectly. The great mutliplayer is where Order of Battle excels, I specialize in the Russian Campaign map by Parreigo, managed to get quite the win streak going.
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

haha, yeah i feel your words. feels like i'm 16/17 again ^^. damn steel panthers was good too to be honest i don*'t know space general :D
AirdefMike
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by AirdefMike »

I bought them all back in the day with the exception of "Star General" as the demo was awful. Still remember fondly some of the SSI classic wargames from the 80's and the 90's (same goes for Microprose).

This one felt a bit rushed, the graphics looked horrible but the atmosphere was there. Never finished the US campaign as I didn't like all the scenarios. Did complete the Japanese campaign (I took the India route facing the Commonwealth). The game could have used a smaller British campaign.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Ah Star General not Space General, my mistake and thanks for the clarification. At that point in my life I'd pretty much buy anything with General in it's name. Generally (ha) it worked but that was a notable exception. Basically each planet would be one map, but all the maps were identical and just every available hex filled with whatever unit was most powerful / expensive. Really mindless.

I see Parreigo got a new multiplayer scenario, End of the III Reich, which somehow manages to be even larger than The Russian Campaign. Seems like it has balance issues sadly. I can't be sure because I need to play as both sides and so far only Jaydent has played against me, with him as the Axis. So I'm looking for anyone interested in giving it a try as the Allies.
Netballman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Netballman »

Ah nostalgia. Yep, had 'em all.... ! And still miss some! People's & Pacific in particular. I was gutted when they all stopped working in "modern" windows... grrr
Redbird
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Redbird »

Harpoon. I could spend hours loading out planes for various missions from aircraft carriers. Sending waves of planes to try and overwhelm Soviet naval defenses. Keeping destroyer screens ahead of fleet looking for Ruskie subs. Haven't seen anything like Harpoon.
Redbird

Post by Redbird »

Here's one:
Who's old enough to what this refers to?
"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"
Zovs
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Zovs »

There are two or three sites out there where you can relive the old days:

Panzer General Forever (has a active forum)
https://panzergeneraldownload.com/panze ... rever.html

Panzer General Open
http://www.open-general.com/

Return to “Order of Battle Series”