Game is completely, utterly, spectacularly unplayable

A place to discuss Desert Fox from Shenandoah Studio.
DavenWarrior
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game is completely, utterly, spectacularly unplayable

Post by DavenWarrior »

I can recall the pre iOS 8 days when I would dump hours and hours into this game and never was disappointed. Then came iOS 8 update and company changes. Since then, slamming my head into a bucket full of nails is more enjoyable than this game. It is broken, broken, broken, broken, and absolutely buggy. No single player beyond week 2, multi player that randomly decides : "No your game will not be completed." Shenandoah should be ashamed, humiliated, and bashed at the thought of charging money for this useless game that doesn't work. I remember staying up late every night waiting for this game to be released. Needless to say, I won't have the same passion for any of your future games. Once again, money ruins a good product. Goodbye Desert Fox and goodbye Shenandoah.
47savages

Re: Game is completely, utterly, spectacularly unplayable

Post by 47savages »

disappointing. at least Shenandoah has the temerity to let negative feedback stay on the forums. their honesty in that regard gives me hope that they have tried to fix the bugs...? :?:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. Right now the focus is on getting Bulge issues resolved. We had to rewrite the engine entirely from scratch and this has taken some time. We need to make sure we get it right with Bulge before we move on to the other games. We want to fix the issues but cant do so in the old code base so have to get the new complete. Its been a massive task but the release of Bulge puts us one step closer to sorting out all these problems.

The options were to let it die or to write it all from scratch. This is a great game series and we want to keep updating it so we needed a robust code base to allow that. So we made the decision to invest in a new engine and I know how frustrating it is to have to wait but in the long run it will allow us to do a lot more and maintain the game through whatever Apple throws at it.

Thanks for your patience and we will update all the games in sequence.
darthsmaul
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by darthsmaul »

Bulge is awesome, and plays well, so it will be worth it IMO.
like games? I do too, checkout my gaming blog and leave a comment or two. www.fungamesroom.com
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

So I take it this game is still unplayable? Too bad as I really enjoyed the previous two and was looking forward to this theater of the war. Can't really blame the company too much, as it was working before IOS threw so many updates at it. I know how I feel watching my puny 16gb of memory shrink with every update.
Maybe it will be on sale again after it is fixed.
mlazar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mlazar »

I don't know - it works find on my iPad - even if the AI is not great. Multiplay just takes too long.

Return to “Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein”