That Italian Hero

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: That Italian Hero

Post by monkspider »

I would say the first one unless there is a different one Kerensky would like to be canon.
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

_0ffba94f-3e6c-4a71-9fac-2193c815251d.jpg
_0ffba94f-3e6c-4a71-9fac-2193c815251d.jpg (256.08 KiB) Viewed 837 times
Here is Wagner fighting the American Caesar at the battle of Hoover Dam.
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

I didn't make these myself but still I thought some might find them amusing.
1698028433636191.jpg
1698028433636191.jpg (151.83 KiB) Viewed 836 times
1698028815558319.jpg
1698028815558319.jpg (115.99 KiB) Viewed 836 times
1698028956357816.jpg
1698028956357816.jpg (135.2 KiB) Viewed 836 times
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

1697668062169115.jpg
1697668062169115.jpg (182.1 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Grondel »

monkspider wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:11 am I would say the first one unless there is a different one Kerensky would like to be canon.

here we go. :) will be in the next update early next year.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3086304953

sers,
Thomas
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

Great work!!
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Grondel »

Kerensky wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:14 am We had a plan to customized the portrait, but decided Panzer Corps 2 isn't quite ready to integrate AI generated assets.
How sad, easy to use tool and unlimited content generation. What was the reasoning for this decision? legal stuff or something practical i do not see atm?

Have u guys been looking into 3d modell generators? those might help with diversifying the games models.

I was sad that the new sound files didn´t make it into 46. any news on this front?

sers,
Thomas
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

What are the new sound files?
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Grondel »

monkspider wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:55 am What are the new sound files?
sometime shortly after AO45 release Rudankort sayd they have bought a new sound library and are working on replacing the game sounds, mostly the driving/flying sounds. haven´t heard since then about those.

sers,
Thomas
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I thought this one was really neat, but the modern day traffic lights stand out a little bit heh. It's strange, because everything else is WW2 era, like all the cars look right, and so do the buildings.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Don't show that image to the wrong person, they'll lose their mind over 'Jan 6th' xD
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Grondel »

Kerensky wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:16 am I thought this one was really neat, but the modern day traffic lights stand out a little bit heh. It's strange, because everything else is WW2 era, like all the cars look right, and so do the buildings.
one of the downsides of the AI generated images. No decent writing in the picture unless u force it.

sers,
Thomas
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Grondel wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:29 am
monkspider wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:11 am I would say the first one unless there is a different one Kerensky would like to be canon.

here we go. :) will be in the next update early next year.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3086304953

sers,
Thomas
Looks great. That was very much the original plan for that hero portrait, it's nice to see it realized via mods.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

monkspider wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:14 am I didn't make these myself but still I thought some might find them amusing.

Good Job! The last spread out some "Roger Rabbit" Vibes, but all three are real good!
:)
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

ITALIAN GENERALS OF WW2
~~~Ettore Bastico (9 April 1876 – 2 December 1972) was an Italian military officer before and during World War II. In addition to being a general of the Royal Italian Army, he was also a senator and governor. He held high commands during the Second Italo-Ethiopian War, the Spanish Civil War, and the North African campaign. He is considered one of the best Italian commanders in World War II.
THE BLACK PRINCE~~~ITALIAN NAVAL COMMANDER

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Grondel wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:43 am How sad, easy to use tool and unlimited content generation. What was the reasoning for this decision? legal stuff or something practical i do not see atm?
I don't know anything about these images but the companies general consideration is Legal.

You might of noticed how artists have quietened down recently. We've learned to use it and now and have a better understanding of its strengths and weaknesses. Many of us don't believe its a direct threat and is a long way off being one. Any actual threat comes from the wilful ignorance of consumers and commissioners happy to accept shiny sub-par work. But the current line of objection is the cynical exploitation of millions of peoples work without permission. So thats a legal issue and the implications it has for the major, powerful IP holders like Disney means the result is as good as inevitable.

Speaking for myself, as the person responsible for commissioning most art for PzC, if these or any of the other AI images in the thread were ever submitted they would be rejected immediatly because there's just so much wrong with them. And if the artist had submitted them as final, finished work I'd never commission them again. Too many red flags. Simple as that.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:09 am But the current line of objection is the cynical exploitation of millions of peoples work without permission.
This exactly. The amount of data to train an AI mode is huge, and a lot of that data, especially in the image field is someone's intellectual property. I guess we will need 5-10 years for this to get properly regulated by law and even if it is, it will not be universal across countries, so trying to sell a game globally will require really careful use of any such tools and assets. Maybe, once the tools get more sophisticated and require less and less info to work with companies could limit the model to just their own materials, but that seems unlikely for now. Still, the whole thing is fresh enough that we might be surprised by sudden innovation more than once.

One thing I can see this be really good (with my totally amateur view) is modelling units and maybe having a painting pattern database - having a base form for something in Unreal Engine let's say, could potentially allow to design a tank model once and then just use that base to tweak it to whatever a new game needs? :)
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:09 am ...
You might of noticed how artists have quietened down recently. We've learned to use it and now and have a better understanding of its strengths and weaknesses. Many of us don't believe its a direct threat and is a long way off being one. Any actual threat comes from the wilful ignorance of consumers and commissioners happy to accept shiny sub-par work. But the current line of objection is the cynical exploitation of millions of peoples work without permission. So thats a legal issue and the implications it has for the major, powerful IP holders like Disney means the result is as good as inevitable.
Damn. That didn't age well. H***** have laid off 1100 staff ( Thats 1900 in the last year ), most of them artists.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Grondel »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:45 am Damn. That didn't age well. H***** have laid off 1100 staff ( Thats 1900 in the last year ), most of them artists.

P
Same that happened in the 1800. 1 can do the job of 10 in half the time with the machines aid. The AI is certainly not able to do it all by herself, but it´s a very powerful tool.
Check the guys who used to compose the music for the elevators. they disappeared since it´s done by AIs now.

sers,
Thomas
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Well we don't know the full story yet.
Either way, The big IP owners will not be happy to accept any one using their assets unpaid and uncredited to train AI, so something will have to change.
But like I said, it could all come down to consumers. If they really don't care then it will eventually be a done deal.
Anyway, our current stance is no AI-generated art in-game and I can't see a reason for that to change.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”