Some weird stuff that happened in my last game...

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

HitmanN
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Some weird stuff that happened in my last game...

Post by HitmanN »

Had an archipelago world going, me owning most of an island as Terra Salvum, but a Togra city on one shore. Had a pretty good thing going with Togra, so didn't mind them, had open borders and other pacts. Other factions mobile in the area too, but no wars, no open borders pacts with them, IIRC.

First, what happened was that I suddenly had a new city appear out of nowhere on a tile where one of my random units was. The message was that the unit captured the city. That's all the info I got. The only thing I could imagine that could've happened is that one of the factions that had open borders with me (Togra, basically), decided to try building a city in a tile occupied by my units, and since the newly-built city was empty and my units were in it, it counted as me capturing it. Any chance that's what happened? It'd make sense if I was at war, but not when anyone who could've built it is friendly towards me. (Although, the next incident kinda has the opposite result.)

Second thing that happened was a few tiles away from the above incident, one of my fort tiles was suddenly a Togra city. I scrolled there just in time to see my units that were in the fort being pushed outside. Can another faction's colonizer build a city in a tile that has 1. a fort in it, 2. is under your city's control, and 3. even has your units in it? That's taking Open Borders a little too far me thinks.

[EDIT]
Here's a screenshot from a save a little later on in the same game.

* Hubble is the forest tile that was under the control of Smuts, and had my 'Scout Mk.I' infantry in it. Then Hubble appeared out of nowhere. Scrolled the log to find the message about capturing it.
* Lord Todd is where I had a fort, also under Smuts' control, as well as couple of infantry units. Then it was suddenly a Togra city.
pandorabeta_weirdstuff.jpg
pandorabeta_weirdstuff.jpg (250.01 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
Last edited by HitmanN on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Re: Some weird stuff that happened in my last game...

Post by SephiRok »

Both sound like bugs. Thanks for reporting them, we'll check them out.

Do you have any relevant save games per chance?

Cheers,
Rok
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
HitmanN
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by HitmanN »

Just edited to include a screenshot, but I'll see about a save file too.
HitmanN
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by HitmanN »

Emailed a savegame file, since it's too big to attach.
dalves
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dalves »

I have noticed this before too. Haven't seen in a while, assumed it had disappeared.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”