Asking friends for help?

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

jdmillard
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Asking friends for help?

Post by jdmillard »

Will there be a feature added that allows you to ask factions to help you fight an enemy? Conceptually, it's just another form of demanding tribute... except joining a war is more intense than giving money (it's more intense, but with the possible reward of gaining some new cities). Also, the AI decision to help or not will be based on 2 things: how much they like you, and how much they dislike the would-be enemy faction (as opposed to demanding tribute where they only consider 1 relationship).

I'd like my friends to ask me for help too sometimes. It just makes sense.
dalves
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Asking friends for help?

Post by dalves »

If this is added, the computer must be able also to ask for help, and to be able to notice if you are really fighting. I hope it gets implemented some day.
jdmillard

Post by jdmillard »

dalves wrote:...the computer must be able also to ask for help...
Exactly. I want that too.
void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void »

Hi guys, yes that feature will come over the next week or two in one way or the other. We didn't make it before release since there are some complications due to potential existing non-aggression pacts and alliances etc., but the dialogue for it is already in the game.

An alternative or addition is to give alliance partners shared vision and implement that the AI actively helps allies with defending their cities.

Either way, this is one of the first things we'll add post release.
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios
jdmillard

Post by jdmillard »

I did consider non-aggression pacts. But I've always been of the opinion that you should be able to end them and choose to declare war early if you want (but other factions will look down on you for attacking before the post-non-aggression-pact-truce time ends). I imagined a warning message explaining this before declaring war.

I also like the idea of shared vision with allies.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”