Opponent Finder

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, FOGR Design

nosher
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Opponent Finder

Post by nosher »

Cross posting here and on ancients 'aspect' of the forum.

I just wondered if it were possible to seperate out the opponent finder strand of the forum from Tournament info? I notice that on the Ancients side of FoG going back as many as ten pages there were less than a dozen posts seeking opponents - the vast majority of which were unanswered but viewed.

These posts were often pushed even further down the postings by the number of stickied topics making it really soul destroying trying to find other players.

Sadly I dont have a club on my doorstep, and living where I do not too many opponents (and even fewer shows/competitions within reasonable travelling distance) I rely heavily on public transport which for anyone whose ever been to Suffolk and attempted to use it - it harks back to the Dark Ages :oops:

Regards

Paul
david53
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Opponent Finder

Post by david53 »

nosher wrote:Cross posting here and on ancients 'aspect' of the forum.

I just wondered if it were possible to seperate out the opponent finder strand of the forum from Tournament info? I notice that on the Ancients side of FoG going back as many as ten pages there were less than a dozen posts seeking opponents - the vast majority of which were unanswered but viewed.

These posts were often pushed even further down the postings by the number of stickied topics making it really soul destroying trying to find other players.

Sadly I dont have a club on my doorstep, and living where I do not too many opponents (and even fewer shows/competitions within reasonable travelling distance) I rely heavily on public transport which for anyone whose ever been to Suffolk and attempted to use it - it harks back to the Dark Ages :oops:

Regards

Paul
TBH it depends on your circumstances, most events but not all are down south, Warfare Roll Call Rampage come to mind, as I have stated all depends on circumstances most are two day events and I would imagine that public transport runs over that way. Mind not sure about clubs, the next big event is Warfare at reading I'm using public transport to get there. BTW Britcon in Manchester next auguest has accomadation on site and its easy to get to Manchester. I hope you can get something.

Dave

Return to “Opponent Finder”