Xbox Battle Academy so glitchy! Not playable!

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

FOSTBITTEN
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Xbox Battle Academy so glitchy! Not playable!

Post by FOSTBITTEN »

As you can tell I am fairly upset with this game. I paid 30 dollars for a game that is so glitchy that I cannot play it! What I mean by "glitchy" is: Trying to play the D-Day Campaign is frustrating. It is more than frustrating, when more units start to appear on screen you cannot move the cursor around to play. It just gets worse the further you go into the campaign. The only way you can somewhat play it is to zoom in very close and even then it is still barely playable.

When the battle drags on, no pun intended. You simply cannot play! I played some of the other campaigns and the lagging/glitching was not as bad but, still very noticeable. I looked at the size of the game and it was like 300 mbs? Really I have games on my tablet that are larger than that. And I paid no where near $30 for those games and for the most part they all work just fine!

I would like a refund or a fixed game bottom line. Very frustrated, disappointed, just plain mad. That I paid so much & got so little.

Who the heck tested this game on Xbox? Nobody?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Xbox Battle Academy so glitchy! Not playable!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. I'm not clear what you mean? Obviously there was a lot of testing and it goes through extensive tests at Microsoft but sometimes things get missed.

When you say you cant move the cursor - what do you mean exactly? The mission you are talking about is 1/3 of the way through the game so is the issue not happening in other missions?
general000
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by general000 »

So far I experienced this for battle of Normandy where if there is large amount of units on screen and move the map around fast it feels like the system can't handle the amount of things going on a once and delays actions or not showing the pause menu because of delay or freeze.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

As Iain says, the Microsoft testing process is extremely thorough! This could be a system or mission setup specific issue. What region are you guys playing in, and which kind of setup (TV resolution, etc).

As for the app side - the data is compressed extensively to provide the best loading speed while also taking up the least space. It seems unlikely people want it to take up MORE space on their HDs :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
general000

Post by general000 »

NA east coast, tv-1080p
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you guys have the causeways in D-Day completely blocked? It could be a pathological route-finding issue that is showing up an XBox-only slowdown. Just a guess!

Cheers

Pip
general000

Post by general000 »

No they are not blocked, but if you zoom in it doesn't lag as bad so it could be rendering issue maybe.
GoodCoffeeJoey

Post by GoodCoffeeJoey »

I'm getting massive framerate drops on the first three American Normandy missions. I haven't had any problems with the British or Canadian missions.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm looking into this issue. Obviously it's not something which showed up in either our or MS testing.

Cheers

Pip
fizzfadge

Post by fizzfadge »

I get the same thing. Twice in Battle For Normandy so far. Both times have been when I ordered an air strike as the four(?) infantry units are starting their counterattack from the north. Completely ground to a halt; no animations music continued. Southern causeway was clear but it's possible the reinforcements had made the northern causeway that turn. I don't think it's actually the air strike itself as I've restarted from a save and placed it elsewhere and no problems; but then the infantry may not have been triggered and were still under fog.

Very frustrating. And not the first crash I've seen. But for it to happen in pretty much the same circumstances...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just to note that this issue is now fixed and an update should be pushing out imminently! Thanks to everyone who helped to give me information to track it down.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”