Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

fizzfadge
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Xbox - Non-fatal sound buffer/queue bug

Post by fizzfadge »

Hi,

I have yet to play a single game where this bug has not occurred. Something is causing a sound to be stuck in the buffer or queue so that the next sound played is always for the last thing that happened.

I noticed it all the way through the Africa campaign but then I noticed it happened when I took the northern beachhead VP in Battle for Normandy; this triggers a German airstrike which seemed to cause it. However, I'm not sure that's the cause, or the only cause, because I did a bit of investigation...

I can replicate it consistently in a number of missions but easier if I just tell you the fastest way first. I'll describe the standard select sound as a "tock". In all examples, don't do anything other than end your turn; it doesn't make any difference in the long run just quicker.

Rommel In Normandy - Night Drop
End Turn - Tock
Allied turn 1 - marching sound effects
End Turn - Tock
Allied turn 2 - marching sound effects
End Turn - Tock
Allied turn 3 - marching sound effects but about halfway through the turn they make a few tock noises.
Now whether you press end turn, options, back or move a vehicle the next sound will be marching

Market Garden - The Drop Zone
This one is interesting as it doesn't start happening until the second or third turn the Germans have vehicles (turn 10?). I suspect it's to do with units moving offscreen more quickly than their sounds. On one "step through" it happened halfway through the Axis turn and the audio for the rest of that turn was out of sync.

Battle For Normandy - D-Day Linkup
German Pumas start moving on turn 5. Turn 7 units start making tock noises and then it's broken.

Perhaps most worryingly is if you then quit out of a mission and start any other mission the queue is still not cleared. You have to quit to the dashboard and restart the app.

This really is a shame as I've been enjoying the game but as the action heats up it becomes harder to read what's going on and it becomes quite unplayable.

Are you aware of the issue?

Thanks
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Xbox - Non-fatal sound buffer/queue bug

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Never seen this issue, and I assume that the MS testing guys did not either. I will investigate and see if I can repeat once we are back in the office after the holidays.

Thanks for reporting and sorry you are having problems.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
fizzfadge

Post by fizzfadge »

Thanks for the reply.

If you need any more details let me know.

Have a great new year!
ShadowHawk141

Post by ShadowHawk141 »

Hi,

Let me first say that I absolutely love Battle Academy on the Xbox 360 and am very glad that you choose to bring it out on console.
I also purchased Legends of War Patton but although the graphics in BA are less detailed the gameplay is awesome.

One thing that I ran into though was also that the sound doesn't work correctly.
Is it normal that when you move infantry a mechanised sound is presented ?
And sometimes certain soounds don't play at all like canon impacts or tank moving sounds.

Maybe a little someting to look into.
It's nothing gamebraking but still :)

Cheers, and I hope BA 2 comes to Xbox 360 to sometime.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just an update, this issue got missed on the update that went out a couple of days ago, but we have a new update in testing which will solve the problem. Thanks for the reports and patience!

Cheers

Pip
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The new update which solves the sfx issues should be out soon - it is approved and ready to go :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”