Version 1.5.26 Open Beta - More Units to discover!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Version 1.5.26 Open Beta - More Units to discover!

Post by Daniele »

Field of Glory 2 has a new open beta version for you to test! New units, Army Lists, and more!

Help us in polishing the update and let us know what you think of it.

Important: translations for the new text strings have not yet been implemented and players should not report these as problems.

You can download the beta from here

Version 1.5.26 Changelog
Units:
◦ Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units. https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/
◦ Added 4 new Lydian units from TT mod: Lydian Cavalry, Lydian Light Chariots, Lydian Irregular Foot, Lydian Light Javelinmen.
◦ Added 14 new pike phalanx units from TT Mod for Diadochi etc: Antigonos, Lysimachos, Pyrrhos, Ptolemaic Egypt, Antigonid Macedon, Hellenistic Greece, Sparta, GraecoBactrian/IndoGreek. (Philip, Alexander and the Seleucids use the existing vanilla Argyraspids and Chalcaspids).
◦ Also added from TT Mod: Nubian Archers.

Army Lists:
◦ Light Chariots and other new models added to Lydian lists.
◦ New pike units added to the appropriate army lists.
◦ Added new Spartan 280-228 BC, 227-222 BC and 221-146 BC lists.
◦ Kushite Egyptians will use the new Nubian Archers model.

Epic Battles:
◦ Epic Battle scenarios have been updated to use the new units where appropriate. (Thymbra, Raphia)
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: Version 1.5.26 Open Beta - More Units to discover!

Post by Athos1660 »

Nice!

btw we can also have access to this beta via Steam.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Athos1660 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:24 pm Nice!

btw we can also have access to this beta via Steam.
Yes

https://steamcommunity.com/app/660160/d ... 147726965/

Right click on Field of Glory 2 in your library, select Properties > Betas > open beta

You can easily switch back again to play non-beta MP games.
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

Nice looking units! I especially like the new Lydians. Gives them a lot of unique character. Some units with shields or other features removed through texture editing show some visual artifacts but it's only really noticeable in the army list view if you know what to look for.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Nice, will give it a spin this weekend. Just curious, will some of the TT visuals for the later Roman lists come into play? I really liked the mail hooded late Roman Cavalry and the scale armoured foederate Cavalry( and the added variety of cataphracts)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:15 pm Nice, will give it a spin this weekend. Just curious, will some of the TT visuals for the later Roman lists come into play? I really liked the mail hooded late Roman Cavalry and the scale armoured foederate Cavalry( and the added variety of cataphracts)
Very possibly, in due course.
Richard Bodley Scott

SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

How much of the TT mod is going to be incorporated into the base game in time? Is there a plan to do it all or most or just piece by piece? Good job to all, thanks!
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

SLancaster wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:51 pm How much of the TT mod is going to be incorporated into the base game in time? Is there a plan to do it all or most or just piece by piece? Good job to all, thanks!
We certainly intend to add more in due course. It won't be all because there are potential IP issues with a few of the textures. How many it will be is not decided at present.
Richard Bodley Scott

miki
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by miki »

The Lidian army lists are working fine. Nice TT models by the way.

The carthaginian lists will be updated also? Missing the TT celtiberians there!
Saludos
Miki
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

miki wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:40 pmThe carthaginian lists will be updated also? Missing the TT celtiberians there!
The problem with that is that you could end up with more Warbands than we intend, with Celtiberians and Gauls combined. You can get Celtiberian Warbands in a Carthaginian army by taking Spanish (Iberian) allies.

I am using Carthaginians (235-146 BC) with Spanish (Iberian) allies in the FOG2DL now, and in 1200 points I can have two Gallic and two Celtiberian warbands.

I would suggest that Carthaginians with Spanish allies is a better representation of the Carthaginian armies in Spain anyway.
Richard Bodley Scott

miki

Post by miki »

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick answer. I usually play sandbox campaigns and the allies option isn't available there iirc.
Saludos
Miki
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

miki wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:40 pm Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick answer. I usually play sandbox campaigns and the allies option isn't available there iirc.
As I say, I probably won't add them to the list, because the system has no mechanism for either-or min-max requirements, and I don't want to allow a disproportionate number of warbands in the army. Which in my view, given the purpose of army lists, is more important than including multiple functionally identical units. (I accept that your views may differ, and I myself would prefer to include them if it didn't unbalance the army list).

Still, if you are lucky, you may get the chance of Spanish allies in a sandbox campaign, which may result in your army including Celtiberian warbands.
Richard Bodley Scott

miki

Post by miki »

Just another thought: Would it be possible to subdivide the Carthaginians (235-146 BC) into two separate lists? The first one (235 - 201 BC) to better reflect the spanish campaigns of both Amilcar and the Second Punic War, including Celtiberian warbands instead of Gallic Warbands, and a second list from 200 to 146 BC?

Perhaps I'm overcomplicating things with a pure cosmetic view, I'm afraid
Saludos
Miki
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

miki wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:47 pm Just another thought: Would it be possible to subdivide the Carthaginians (235-146 BC) into two separate lists? The first one (235 - 201 BC) to better reflect the spanish campaigns of both Amilcar and the Second Punic War, including Celtiberian warbands instead of Gallic Warbands, and a second list from 200 to 146 BC?

I will think about it, but I am fairly sure the Carthaginians did recruit at least some Gallic mercenaries in this period.

The alternative would be a Carthaginians in Spain list.
Richard Bodley Scott

miki

Post by miki »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:56 pm
miki wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:47 pm Just another thought: Would it be possible to subdivide the Carthaginians (235-146 BC) into two separate lists? The first one (235 - 201 BC) to better reflect the spanish campaigns of both Amilcar and the Second Punic War, including Celtiberian warbands instead of Gallic Warbands, and a second list from 200 to 146 BC?

I will think about it, but I am fairly sure the Carthaginians did recruit at least some Gallic mercenaries in this period.

The alternative would be a Carthaginians in Spain list.
It would rock!

Thanks again
Saludos
Miki
toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by toska »

none of the new models has a texture B for the opposite side
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

toska wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:13 pm none of the new models has a texture B for the opposite side
We were constrained by the availability of alternative textures in TT mod, the source of the “new” units.

But the issue only affects civil wars.
Richard Bodley Scott

lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:10 pm
toska wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:13 pm none of the new models has a texture B for the opposite side
We were constrained by the availability of alternative textures in TT mod, the source of the “new” units.

any chance to see tt mod's rise of rome diadochi models
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

lapdog666 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Which ones? The pikes are already in this beta.
Richard Bodley Scott

lapdog666

Post by lapdog666 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:39 am
lapdog666 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Which ones? The pikes are already in this beta.
i meant will we get TT mod's textures for Seleucid,ptolemaic,macedonian,bactrian Base game (rise of rome) module, not the immortal fire named diadochi factions/army lists
those seleucid chalkaspdies (tt mod) s really look and sound good, perhaps one of the best looking units in the entire game
other pikes are also very good, especially macedonian elite peltastai phalanx (texture)

while we are there, those tessalian cavalrymen also have above average quality of textures and blend of colors

Return to “Field of Glory II”